Terms and conditions
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website guyscancercharity.org.uk (our website).
Who we are and how to contact us
guyscancercharity.org.uk is a site operated by Guy’s Cancer Charity, which is a linked charity (charity number 1160316-8) of Guy’s & St Thomas’ Foundation, a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (company number 9341980 and charity number 1160316) whose registered office address is The Grain House, 46 Loman Street, SE1 0EH.
We are regulated by the Charity Commission (in England and Wales) and the Information Commissioner’s Office (‘ICO’). We are also signed up to the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice (in England and Wales and Northern Ireland).
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to Guy’s Cancer Charity by email at email@example.com, by telephone on 020 7848 4701, and via the online form or at Guy’s Cancer Charity, Virginia Woolf Building, 22 Kingsway, 2nd Floor, London, WC2B 6LE.
By using our website you accept these terms
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 25 October 2021.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users’ needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our site.
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Our site is only for users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user login, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your account or password, you must promptly notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it (in any audio or visual form or medium). Those works and other materials on our site may be protected by copyright laws around the world. Our name and any of the logos, signs, domain names and other trade marks appearing on our site (‘Our Trade Marks’) belong to us or our licensors and may be registered as trade marks in the United Kingdom and elsewhere. All rights not expressly granted to you hereunder in relation to our copyright works, Our Trade Marks or other content appearing on our site are reserved.
You may print or may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site for research or non-commercial purposes.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
You must not use, reproduce, publish, distribute, adapt, translate, link to, frame or otherwise make available any part of the content on our site or display or use any of Our Trade Marks for any commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors, as appropriate (which may be granted at our sole discretion, subject to any conditions as we may deem appropriate). Without prejudice to the above, our status (and that of any identified contributors or licensors) as the authors of content on our site or as owners of Our Trade Marks must always be acknowledged where any content referred to or republished in any form or where any of Our Trade Marks are reproduced or displayed.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so under applicable law. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
- Nothing in these terms is intended to affect any of your statutory rights as a consumer.
How we may use your personal information
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You must not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate, discriminate against or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you may commit a criminal offence. We may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?